What osteopathy can treat: neck pain
Neck and shoulder problems are an ever increasing problem in modern day life. It has a variety of causes from the traditional "whiplash" of Road Traffic Accidents to computer and work station related strain. Poorly organised training regimes in gyms can be another source of shoulder and neck trouble.
Typically, neck pain is often the result of sitting at a desk or computer for too long, while "correct posture" is useful, it is only part of the answer. Mobility and healthy joints and muscles are the solution to this ever increasing problem.
Treatment is different for every patient depending on your age, fitness and diagnosis. We use a whole range of techniques such as different types of soft tissue massage and joint articulation to release tension, stretch muscles, help relieve pain and mobilise your joints. Sometimes, when we move joints you may hear a 'click'. This is just like the click you get when you crack your knuckles.
10 top tips for neck care
2. Take regular exercise
3. Take frequent breaks between repetitive tasks and vary the rhythm
4. Change position - avoid 'computer shoulder slump'
5. Try not to hold equipment in your left arm for too long while working.
6. Adjust car seats, and on long journeys, have breaks and stretch
7. Watch children's posture - don't let them carry bags on one shoulder
8. Try to not to hold your child in your left arm for too long.
9. Avoid being "sucked in" to work on the computer screen.
10. Seek osteopathic advice earlier rather than later
Design by ewodesign, edward wilmot © 2017